RSS

Public Speaking / Presentation...

Last Tuesday (7 July 2009) was the day of my presentation to 50 distributors in Nikko Hotel. The session should be around 150 distributors but only 50 that turned up. No matter how many people will turn up that day, I will definitely nervous and scared.

The stage of presentation.

The seating for VIPs and audience.

I had to wear jacket (blazer) to present as that will be a formal event. So I went and search it on Sunday with my Bee. I bought the jacket and pants in Isetan Lot 10. My mum said is cheap for a complete suit for RM 218. Since she gives green light for that price, so I bought Padini jacket and pants.

My presentation was about 9.45am. I start to shiver when the VIP gave their speech. Their speech were so short, it makes me even nervous. After 10 minutes, it is my turn to start my presentation. Basically, I need to show them a slide of presentation and demo to them how to use the system. When I was holding the laser pointing pen to point on the slide, my colleagues told me that I was really shivering as the pointer on the LCD screen was up, down, left, right that not static at a point. Haha..

I think my presentation was about 15 minutes, really such a quick demo. Actually I had prepared the text for my presentation, but as usual, I didn’t even look on that script of paper. Mr. Gary (My Boss) wasn’t there when I was presenting. After the event end only I saw him there. I thought he didn’t listen to my presentation but when I reached office, he said he listen my presentation from the phone when he called Mr. Chew. Hmmm.. He did advice me few things when anyone do public speaking or presentation.

A Presenter:
1. Create atmosphere.
2. Know how to cover mistake.
3. Talk confidently (Hold the principle: Assuming the audience does not know anything).
4. Tone voice (Raise your voice when highlight issue that is important).
5. Best presentation will be natural (From heart not mouth).
6. Don’t make presentation bored, give some jokes.
7. When finish, says thank you and have confident on yourselves – I did a good job!

1 comments:

nadia.H said...

congrats to salina!!!clap2!!
if i,msti dh diam xbercakap n suare getar2..hahaha

Post a Comment